Question
Posted by: Mons | 2003/01/17

Can I use Horse Chestnut seed Extract while on the pill?

I'd like to know how safe it is for me to be drinking a capsule of Horse Chestnut Seed Extract a day (to treat varicose veins) while being on the pill (triphasil). I've been on the pill for a year. I'm a 23 year old smoker.

Mons, I checked in my books and couldn’t find anything on the interaction between the pill and Horse Chestnut seed Extract. You have to remember that even though I had some homeopathy training as part of my Masters degree, I’m not a homeopathy expert by far. The best would be to ask your homeopath if it has any effect on the liver as this might reduce the efficacy of the pill. Good luck.