Question
Posted by: Fed Up | 2007/06/06

Can I stop my medication?

I am on antidepressants (Cipralex) and have been for 3 months. Can I stop taking them?? They don't seem to work anyway and cost a tremendous amount of money.

This should be decided in discussion with your own prescribing doctor, who would need to re-assess your condition, recommend whether to stop them medication ( ansd how to do so ) and consider whether you would do better to take a different medication. Cipralex is fashionable amongst some doctors, but often a persopn would be better suited on a different medication. A very similar drug, for instance, is available as Cilift, and is much cheaper and as effective.