Question
Posted by: Worried | 2006/11/10

Can I still fall pregnant

I am on the pill, but read somewhere that if you have gastro the pill is not always effective. If this is true...... After having a bout of gastro a previous week, and a night of sex, I decided as extra precaution to take the morning after pill. I was supposed to start menstruating this week but haven't started. Is it due to the morning after pill, which has thrown my cycle out slightly or could I be pregnant? And if I could be pregnant, would a home preg test pick it up already after a week?

It could be either. Do a pregnancy test.

2
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/10

The same thing happened to me when I took the morning after pill, so that could be the reason yes.

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Maya | 2006/11/10

It's most likely due to the morning after pill, but you can do a preg test just to be sure if you are a week late.
Remember that vomiting within 3 hours of taking the pill also affects it's absorption and antibiotics also lessen the pills effectiveness. In both cases you must use extra precautions and continue for 7 days after the incident or medication:)

Reply to Maya