Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2007/05/15

Can I have babys

I sent a message concerning Endometriosis. . . I see your got a page with information about the disease or sickness. . . But at what age can you be diagnosed with it?

Dear Concerned

Endometriosis usually is a post pubertal phenomenon, and in the past it used to be associated with women over the age of 30. However, recently, it is becoming increasingly common in women of younger ages and can even be diagnosed as early as age 17 or 18. Part of the reason may be that puberty is occurring at a younger age and hence there is a shortened interval from puberty to onset of disease.