Question
Posted by: VICKY | 2007/04/23

Can I fall pregnant with one ovary?

Hi I had an op on the 13th of April , I had severe cramps and
they diagnosed endometriosis. They actually found that my right ovary is not working anymore, severly damaged. I really want to fall pregnant this year, and I'm just scared that I won't be able to have children of my own.Thank you.

One ovary is not a problem, but the endometriosis might be. Ask your doctor whether it has caused any damage to your tubes.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/04/24

You can still fall pregnant but with one ovary the possibility is half of what it would have been.
Provided the existing ovary is producing viable eggs you can try to conceive. Your situation is further complicated by the endometriosis, but this does not all mean you can't do it it may just require a lot of patience.
If after a year you are still struggling then you should consider additional treatment to help things along.
The best way to approach the situation is to consult with your doctor who has your medical history as to the best way forward to maximise your chances:)

Reply to Maya