Question
Posted by: Peaches | 2004/11/12

Can i fall pregnant on the pill and get my period

I am on the pill and have been for a few years. I had my period about a week ago, but just before that my boyfriend and i had intercourse. I did a "am i pregant" test on the net, and it said that i could be about a week. I have had quite a few symptoms like, i threw up once, i have been picking up weight, feeling tired, even meat melt funny to me the other day and i have been getting little cramps in my tummy. I took a proper home pregancy test on Monday, while i was on my period (today is Friday) the test said negative, but i know the test on the net said that it wont always say positive, because it could be too soon to tell. Basically all i am asking is, is it possible to be on the pill and have your period and still be pregnant? I know my mom had her period three months into being pregant with me, but she was not on the pill though.

Highlu unlikely that you are pregnant. Your symptoms could be due to a number of things like bladder infection, tummy bug,etc.

2
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/13

If you are taking your pill regularly everyday within an hour time difference then your chances are almost nil.
Also your chance of conception just before your period is low as your ovulation had occured couple days ago.
count 14days after your intercourse & do a blood preg test if negative, then you are not preg.
If you have been missing your pill on & off then I would adviceyou to stop the pill until you cinfirm a negative preg test (in case you are preg). In the mean time use barrier methods.
Then after the neg test, start your pill again & wait for for 3wks before it is effective once again.

Reply to dr anonymous
Posted by: hotty | 2004/11/13

i am no expert but i've also heard of ladies getting periods while pregnant, i'd say give it a month and take another test, else go for a blood test.

Reply to hotty