Question
Posted by: Babydoll | 2008/06/12

Can I fall pregnant?

Please help.
I am desperate to fall pregnant, and my husband and I have been TTC since Feb.
I had an abbortion 10 years ago, my periods are pretty regular and my gynae says I shouldn't have a problem.
I am worried that somehow my abbortion may have caused problems that I don't know about and perhaps I can't have children.
I have been feeling very nauseous every morning betweeen about 8:30 and 10am - did a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative.
Is there anyway to find out if I will be able to conceive - I am 31 and don't want to spend the next 5 years or so trying in vain, I would rather know now.

You have only been trying for a few months. we only usually investigate after a year of trying. previous abortions don't usually cause problems for fertility if done properly with no complications

2
Posted by: babydoll | 2008/06/13

Dear Baby Doll 2
After the abortion, physically I recovered quite well, there was quite a lot of bleeding for the next day or so. But emotionally I still carry a lot of scars - but everyone's situation is different. Its not something one should do without a lot of thinking about.

my periods have carried on being regular, no breast problems - so I think all went well (I did go to a reputable clinic for the procedure)

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Reply to babydoll
Posted by: baby doll 2 | 2008/06/13

all i need from you is to know how was it like to abort? was it painful, and what are the after effect does your body get back to normal i mean that includes your breast,
i sincerely feel for you that you are trying to concieve, keep on trying never loose hope,

regards

BD2

Reply to baby doll 2