Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2006/07/25

Can I be that fertile?

Is it possible to have pregancy symptoms after conception. My last period started 1/7/06. Been off the pill for 5 months now. Had unprotected sex on 12 and 14/7. 1st time we are having unprotected sex as Hubby has been away last 5 months abroad. Since 15/7 experiencing tender breasts, frequent urination, emotional moodswings, craving beer, mild queasiness and just the feeling that I may be...... I never experience this or get PMS etc I have already taken blood and diptest, but I know its to early and both were negative. What is the earliest a blood and diptest can be taken?

Dear Anonymous

1
Posted by: fertility expert | 2006/07/25

Apologies that the response did not come out on the first attempt.

In reply to your question, the dates of the unprotected sex is in keeping with the ovulatroy period and therefore I would treat the symptoms with concern. I would certainly recommend that you wait another 5 days and than repeat the pregnancy test. Should the test be neagtive, then I would suggest you visit a gynaecologist to rule out an ovarian cyst.

Reply to fertility expert