Posted by: Prim | 2008/05/21

Can I be pregnant

I am 45yrs, I want to get pregnant, I have a 26yrs old son I was once told my falopian tubes are blocked but did not take treatment, as I lost my husband now I am married again, we want a child can my problem be solved at my age, can you give me list of doctors who might be of help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Prim

The option that I would recommend should all other factors be favourable is in-vitro fertilization. Time and age is certainly against you and I would suggest you do this as a matter of urgency. Also ensure that a reputable fertility centre does the treatment.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dee | 2008/05/26

See post from Tamika for all FS's in the country.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Prim | 2008/05/26

I am in Jhb area

Reply to Prim
Posted by: Prim | 2008/05/22

Thank you for the response, I am in Gauteng area.

Reply to Prim
Posted by: Dee | 2008/05/21

What area are you from?

At 45 I would suggest seeing a fertility specialist right away, you may have to consider donor eggs and do an IVF cycle, especially if your tubes are blocked.

Reply to Dee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.