Question
Posted by: RT | 2004/11/16

can i be pregnant

Is is posible to ovulate +/-5 days after your period. I started my period the 27 oct and have a 26-27 day cycle. From saterday i've been having 'period pains" but not the hole time its just at times. Can i be pregnant or not. Is ovulation on only 14 days after from period

20% of women do not ovulate at the expected time, so it is possible to ovulate 5 days after your period.

3
Posted by: Nob | 2004/11/16

Where can I see a female gynae in Cape Town or Claremont

Reply to Nob
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/16

If you have a 26-27 day period, you would most likely ovulate on day 10 to 14 since your last period. It is possible to ovulate on day 5, but then your period should start about 14 days later (that is how long it takes for the corpus luteum to stop producing progesterone which keeps the period away untill the embrio has implanted and produces it's own hormones).

You are probably just experiencing some PMS.

Reply to Golly
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/16

Yes you could ovulate on day 5 after your period........
It is a bit early to do a pregnancy test, and you have not missed your period, so maybe wait for your period.

Reply to Norma