Question
Posted by: Sarah-Jane (33) | 2007/02/23

Can fall cause absent menses?

I had my tubes tied approx 2years ago & my husband had a Vasectomy 5 months before I had my procedure.
On the 16th Feb I fell from a flight of stairs at work - was very bruised (still is) down the left side of my body & even had a slight dull left side abdo pain. I was supposed to start my menses that day but its now going on 7 days without even the slightest feeling of a menses coming on - can stress/fall cause this? Kindly advise?

Stress can cause a delayed period, but a fall should not. It is usually chronic stress that does this though, not an acute event like a fall.