Posted by: Concerned sister | 2011/05/27

Can drooping eyelid be corrected

Dear CD, my brother had cataract surgery to his eye about 5 years ago, but due to a botched procedure, he has one drooping eyelid. He is in his late 20s and has serious self esteem problems, partly due to his eye and other greater factors. He is seeing a psychologist to deal with these issues. Is there any surgery that could correct his eyelid and what are the risks?

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Yes, it can be surgically corrected and he can consult an opthalmologist for the procedure. Risks are minimal and the results are usually pleasing.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Megan | 2011/05/28

Yes it can be done by a plastic surgeon. The eye won''t look EXACTLY the same as the other one, but it will be better.

Reply to Megan
Posted by: Aneline | 2011/05/27

I am sure a plstic surgeon can correct this. Ask your GP for a referral.

Reply to Aneline

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.