Question
Posted by: Dancer | 2005/12/01

Can dancing make you feel good?

I heard that dancing releases endorphins (however you spell it) and can make you feel a bit better if you are depressed. Is this true? I am a big hip hop fan, I have been since I can remember. Where I am from, I was friends with a lot of people of colour and obviously this is where I got it from. Since I was 12 I've been addicted to dancing. And not your average dancing. Over the years, my dancing has developed. I have noticed that (without knowing it) my moves resemble that of strippers and professional dancers. I find myself sitting at work or in the car or at home listening to music and I "go to a club in my head". My eyes are open but I can almost imagine myself in the club, dancing. Does this happen to anyone else? I can't always go out dancing..does anybody else know of a similar release of tension and a way to feel good?

So does jogging, and other forms of exercise ; nothing specific to dancing. I hope you can still drive safely while in that "club in your head" !

12
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/01

Dancing is just a Vertical expression of a Horizontal wish

Reply to Scrooge
Posted by: Dancer | 2005/12/01

ha ha ha! good one! Enjoy the rest of your day...I'm going to call this one quits...I don't want to "hog" the site

Reply to Dancer
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

I'll say, That is one thing you can't do via correspondence!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Dancer | 2005/12/01

Aaah nuts! You sound quite nice so I was thinking of meeting up and discussing lessons...err, but I'm a LONG way away!

Reply to Dancer
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

I am in the U.K.!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Dancer | 2005/12/01

My hubby considers the Lap Dance to be the dance of LOVE...ha ha ha! And I'm learning more and more in THAT area of dance! ;)
But I want to know where you are from Frusty!

Reply to Dancer
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Dancer
that can only be good for a marriage.

Especially if you learn da dance of LUV....

But to do things together is very nice to hear.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Dancer | 2005/12/01

Frusty:
Ever heard of Extreme Ironing! Ha ha ha! But I know what you mean...I LOVE MUSIC! Where are you based? My hubby and I would love to take up some form of dance.

Reply to Dancer
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Well, I am a qualified modern and tap dancing teacher and can only say that it most certainly has the feel good factor. It does not matter what your moves are, the combination of the music, being in tune with your body and the physical exercise all combine to make you feel great. I even have music on when I do the ironing, that's how bad I am. Have you ever seen anyone dancing with an iron in their hands? Just love it. Carry on, dance away, it will only do you good.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

and social.

Dance away

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Any form of excercise yes is great for your mental state.

So its just a matter of fimding the one you like.
Dancing is of course a great option as it allows you to be creative as well.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/01

Dancing is great I have been doing Ballroom and Latin American since the ago of 17 and when I feel a little down there is no better excercise than dancing.....go for it if yu get the chance.

Reply to Valkyrie