Question
Posted by: noni | 2007/06/06

Can contraception cause infertility

I used nur-iseterate for a very long time and I have been trying to conceive for about six months but without any succes. Its been a year since I stopped using the injection. And sometimes I get very painful periods. My question is can a long use of contraception affect my ability to conceive or am I just being impatient?

Dear Noni

It may take up to 2 years for the effect of injectable contraceptives to reverse fully. However, if all other factors are normal, ovulation induction treatment may speed up conception.