Question
Posted by: Confused | 2007/06/15

Can certain foods make u ill?

Hi DietDoc,

I have a question that I hope you can help me with. I am not totally vegetarian, I just don't eat red meat & pork as I found that I get ill from it - the reason for it is unknown to me, I can eat chicken & fish, recently I discovered that eating eggs gives me a nausea feeling and vomiting occurs, now I can stand the site of an egg. Is there any relation to the ill feeling when eating red meat and the eggs?

Confused

Dear Confused
The only way to find out of you are sensitive, intolerant or allergic to certain foods such as red meat, pork and eggs, is to ask your dr to send you for allergy tests. It is possible that these foods all contain some protein that makes you feel ill. The tests would also show which other foods are potential allergens in your case. So please have yourself tested so that you can find out which foods you react to. Click on ‘Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & intolerance' for more information on food allergies.