Posted by: bernie | 2008/09/26

can anybody help me

Hi i' ve been cutting for 5 years and i promised i would stop 4 days ago the hing is its too hard i cant do it i' m thinking of breaking a glass here at work and cutting myself but what if someone sees me bleeding? i could however cut my feet?? its too hard i cant i' ve got goose bumps already please please can anybody stop me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

NO, there's no safe or convenient place to cut --- if you cut your feet, they'd be likely to get infected, and your limping would be highly noticeable. Speak urgently to your shrink and work with her on finding alternative ways to deal with these urges, which can fade with time.
Some people I['ve worked with have found they can use safer substitutes for cutting. Like plunging a hand into ice-cold water, or wearing a thick rubber band round your wrist, which you Snap for a short sharp brief pain ; or even making bright red slashing marks across your arm with a felt-tip pen ( first making sure it is he washable, not the permanent sort ! ) These substitute methods for the visual stimulus, or the sudden sensation component, often just as successful, but withoutmleaving marks or doing actual harm

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: pooksy | 2008/09/26

I' m the type that don' t want oto see shrinks.I want to kill myself!!!!!Hate my life.The only thing that stops me when in the drug sore are my kids.I think of my 18month baby.So think of something or someone special, before you do that!!!!!Don' t hurt yourself.I' ve been there.

Reply to pooksy
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/26

Bernie, I agree with GP. You must speak to your psychologist. If you can' t get hold of her, speak to your doc. Go somewhere nobody can hear you and use your cell to call one of them, or if you can' t get hold of them, call Lifeline. Hang in there.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: GP | 2008/09/26

Speak to your shrink urgently!!!! She is the one that can help you.

Reply to GP

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.