Question
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/20

CAN ANY ONE HELP

Hi there,

I am 5 days late with my period. I did one of those home preganancy tests, and it turned out negative. Can any one advise me what might be stopping my period from coming. I also feel none of the usual symtoms that i usually get when i am supposed to get my period. I am a little confused.

Thanks,

PARIS
XXX

Hi Paris,
Only way to be sure is to see a gynae for more elaborate and more sensitive tests than the home kits. Periods can be delayed, or even stop, when one is subject to major stress, like your accident, so this is also a possible explanation, but by no means sure. Similarly, if for some reason on Friday you "couldn't stop going to the loo" -- if that meant that you were passing more uring than usual, maybe drinking more fluids than usual, that could have diluted in your urine the chemical the test was looking for, confusing the result.
Hope you eventually have the result you're hoping for !

9
Posted by: Bee | 2004/12/20

Go for the blood test! You'll know then. This is exciting! Holding thumbs!

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Liza | 2004/12/20

Some other early signs of pregnancy (around 5-6 weeks) are soreness and hardening of your breasts, going to the loo every 10 mins and then the infamous nausea - although I still can't understand what all the fuss is about. I didn't get morning sickness (or all-day sickness) during my pregnancies at all.

Hope we can congratulate you soon!

Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/20

Can definately be that i could be pregnant. Not on the pill and have been trying. Would be the best Xmas present i could have but dont wanna get my hopes up.

Could also be stress, accident, all that. Friday i couldn't stop going to the loo, so i decided to do the test and showed up negative, but some times those things are not 100%. More than likely not, i'll just wait and see till the end of the month...

Thanks for all the responses.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: - | 2004/12/20

Try the Gynaedoc forum as well

Reply to -
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/12/20

oh ja another dead give-away, is when women start colecting straw and building nests and showing fangs at the men ...that normally indicated something is about to happen ....

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/12/20

congrats PARIS, or is that the wrong thing to say right now ....grin.

hey could be your medication, or even your diet...if i was you, i would'nt panic to much at this stage ..if periods have'nt come around for about 8 months and you getting a "boep" and and ...then ja i would say ja probaly you gonna spawn .....

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/20

Hi Paris,

Perhaps its the stress from your accident? That's the only explanation I can think of other than pregnancy? Perhaps go see your GP?

Lots of luck!

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: K | 2004/12/20

Stress, time of the year, partaking a little too much?

Perhaps if you stop worrying it will come? Is there any chance you could be pregnant?

Reply to K
Posted by: Liza | 2004/12/20

Some of those home pregnancy tests do give a negative result when you're actually positive. The only way to know for sure, is to go for a blood test - or buy a more expensive pregnancy test. Make sure you use midstream urine (like wee a little, then a little on the stick (make sure its completely wet) then wee the rest) In the morning is also preferable. Clicks has a great one - can't remember the name, but it's in the region of R32. Used one before that (the cheapest one on the rack) and it showed negative.

Liza

Reply to Liza