Question
Posted by: jessica | 2005/06/29

can a tampon applicator get stuck?

can a tampon applicator get stuck inside while inserting a tampon. I have taken the tampon out, but i feel a weird pressure where it was. if it is stuck, how do i get it out? Can i get TSS if it is stuck?

The applicator is quite long, so you should be quite uncomfortable if it was stuck. Put a finger gently into your vagina and see if you can feel anything.

1
Posted by: kimmygirl | 2005/06/30

im no Dr, but I am a woman, so I'll tell you what I know. The applicator cannot get stuck if it is inserted properley. always read the package insert because every tampon is designed differently and should be inserted the way that is explained. If it does get stuck-don't panick! Just relax and go to the nearest Dr (if it can get in, it can come out). but don't try and force it out cos' u mite push it in deeper. Just go to your Dr. also, tampons are associated with TSS, so what my Doc reccommends is that you don't use tampons all the time. For instance, use pads more because your blood needs to flow out and not be blocked. so basically only use a tampon if your desparate- but theres nothing wrong with them ( we all need them).

Reply to kimmygirl