Question
Posted by: DI | 2005/07/04

Can a person dieet while being pregnant?

Please let me know, I am 9 weeks pregnant and my wheight is reducing very fast. What can I do to prevent excess wheight gaining with my pregnancy?

Dear DI
You say that your weight is reducing very fast? Does this mean you are losing weight? If this is the case then you will not need to go on a slimming diet while pregnant. If you started your pregnancy with a normal weight then you need to gain between 11.5 to 16 kg over the 9 months to ensure that your baby is healthy. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Eating throughout life' and read the articles on nutrition during pregnancy.