Question
Posted by: T | 2008/05/28

Can a gynae do AI??

Do I have to go to a fertility specialist or can a gynae do artificial insemination? We don't have a fertility specialist in our town.

Dear T
Any average gynaecologist or even a general practioner with special interest can do an AI. However, the sperm preparation is important. If a fertility laboratory is not available, then the sperm preparation can be done using the disposable IUI kit.

3
Posted by: eager | 2008/05/30

can artificaial insemination be done if a vasectomy was done

Reply to eager
Posted by: T | 2008/05/29

Hi Nikki

Thanks for your response. I will ask my gynae if he can do it. I've been for all the bloodwork and everything seems to be normal (hormones, ovulation etc.) Having another sa done today to check if everything's o.k. with my husband.

It's just such a pain to drive 400km's to a FS you know. If he can do it here, why not.

I'll hold thumbs and cross fingers for you to get your BFP!!

Reply to T
Posted by: nikki | 2008/05/29

Hi there,

I had AI done last week by my gynae. I'm sure it wont be a problem. It cost us about R2000 that is really not much if you think of it. So my husband and I are anxiously awaiting next week to have a blood test done to see if i conceived. Good luck and I hope you come right with your gynae.

Reply to nikki