Question
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/28

Camping!!!!Help ladies or guys--

I am going on this trip with the new love of my life Des to Hentiesbay in Namibie. He is the camping tipe and I am not. Actually I have never done it in my whole life. We are going to sleep in tents and I honestly don't know if I am going to make it. Is there anybody that can give me a few tips to make it easier and bearable for me. I am honest to him about my feelings about this and he told me if I don't wanna do this then we just stay at home but I feel that I will be selfish if I don't even give it a try and of course selfish to him. Any advise will do

,,,,,

11
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/28

Dankie CP Mom lol die cooler box gaan definitief 1ste in. Ek moet se hy is baie georganiseerd so ek glo dat alles daar sal wees wat daar moet wees. Ek voel sommer nou baie beter noudat ek al hierdie raad gekry het van julle af. Dankie daarvoor ek gaan soos hulle se "go with the Flow" en elke oomblik geniet

Reply to Jules
Posted by: ps | 2005/11/28

hehe, you can leave your hair dryer...

Reply to ps
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/11/28

Hi Jules

Tabat - jy kry die een wat jy aansmeer met 'n stokkie maar die cream is BAIE beter.

Onthou maar net jy's ver (loopafstand) van die toilette en ook die water, miskien 'n houer vir water sodat jy nie so baie loop nie. Onthou as jy gaan kamp is daar NIKS nie, so blikoopmakers en al daai jazz wat mens vanselfsprekend aanneem moet saamgaan.

'n coolbox om die dop koud te hou ? dis moeilik wat het die ou ?

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: CAMPER | 2005/11/28

Seeing that your b/f is the camping type, i dont think you have to worry.

I'm a VERY keen kamper and give you a list of 1000 things you have to take, but i'm sure your b/f will know just about all. However, i decided to give you 10 items you MUST MAKE SURE YOUR b/f takes with., other wise your experience is going to be a DISASTER
1. Toilet paper --amazing how camping places dont supply.
2. Bath tub plug -- specially if your'e a woman. This is a non existing item at any camp site.
3. Pieceful sleap for the goggas
4. Blue Death -- sprinkle this all around your tent -- it prevents ANY funny creatures to try and make an unsuspected visit.
5. Torches and extra lamps
6. Matches and even candles
7. Fresh water tablets. -- NB
8. something hot to wear for those unexpected cold nights
9. First Aid kit
10. The best fold-up bed / stretcher / camp bed you can find. Dont even think of saving money on the best available == reason being that if you dont sleep well, the camping experience is going to be your biggest nightmare you ever had.

Reply to CAMPER
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/11/28

My saving grace while camping was an inflateable matress for two (actually quite comfy) - I had the best long weekend. And hey if your man is the type to like camping he is probably so organised which maked the biggest difference. You'll probably have such fun!

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/28

Thanks Valkery..... like they say there is a first for everything

Reply to Jules
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/28

Thanks Wings. I am going to print this list and I am definitaly going to take this advise. I was just raised just by my mother and we never took trips like this and I am going to enjoy it and make the most of it.

Reply to Jules
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/28

lol Yes that is a great idea.

Reply to Jules
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/11/28

Jules, it's up to you to give this a try, just to try it once and then make a decision.
You are so lucky, Nambia is such a beautiful place and what better way to get to know someone than out in the stinks (kinky!) You'll have a major jol I promise you.

As far as making life easier I suggest the following:
Take peaceful sleep (for the mozzies)
Malaria tabs (dunno if you need them but do some research)
A face cloth
A pair of comfortable shoes (slops)
A sarong
Go by yourself a sexy new bikini / costume
Sun block and a hat
Knives, forks and plates
Some binocs for sightseeing and star gazing
A comfy pillow and blanket
A first aid kit
And you should be set!
Have fun, I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love
~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/28

Jules: sorry no advice but this happened to me......just know that I will be thinking of you. I tried it but it was a disaster. I hate camping if I can't stay in a hotel then I don't go on holiday. Good luck, I hope he apprecaites what you are going through for him.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Southernwrite | 2005/11/28

Take lots of wine with

Reply to Southernwrite