Posted by: Crystal | 2008/10/01

Calories vs Gym

Hello DD

Had a thought last night.
You recommended daily intake of 1500cal/6300kj.
How is this effected by the energy I burn off at Gym (ave 240cal/1000kj per day).

Must I still aim for 1500/6300 regardless, or do I add on the 240/1000 burned to get back to 1500/6300?

I just wanted to make sure I don' t end up getting too little energy (&  my body kicking into the whole starvation mode thing).

Dear Crystal
If you are not trying to lose weight and are doing plenty of exercise then you require 2000 cal or 8400 kJ per day to maintain your weight and ensure that you have sufficient energy to do the exercise. If you are slimming then the combination of dietary energy reduction and increased energy output by exercise will help you achieve weightloss.