Posted by: HUM | 2008/11/24

calories &  weight loss


my current weight is 86kg &  i' m 1.68m tall (borderline obese)

my diet is as follows:

breakfast - 1 egg (no butter or marg), 60g veg (no butter/marg/dressing) 1 cup of tea (no sugar maybe sweetener)

Lunch - 95g chicken (no butter or marg) &  115g veg/salad (no dressing)

Supper - 90g chicken / 115g steak / 120g fish &  veg / salad (no dressing)

2 fruits a day, 2L water/day, MAY have in total about 5 provitas for the day.

I do not eat bread, potatoe, pasta, rice etc.

on average how many calories would you say i' m taking in &  how much excersice would i have to do in order to loose weight.

I cannot go to a gym cos i cannot afford the fees so my exercise would have to be home based.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFitnessDoc


I hate to pass the buck on this, but for such a specific diet question, you really are better off seeing a dietician. The whole concept of counting calories is doomed anyway, because your body is smarter than that and will change your energy use in order to adjust for calorie intake that is too low or too high.

So I suspect that you are falling prey to the numbers game and becoming too pre-occupied with those numbers, which is, in the long run, not conducive to sustained weight loss. My advice is that you see a dietician and get a sensible eating plan.

With regards to the exercise, my advice is to check out the Fitness apge of this site, click on "Programmes" and then choose one of those. It's not a huge problem that you're not at the gym - you can do pretty much most of it from home, and outdoors. The important thing is doing it. THe programmes you'll find at the site I directed you have the necessary components. My advice is to start on a walk/jog programme and build it up. Always remember to focus on fitness first, and the numbers second. If you get fitter, the rest will take care of itself.

Good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.