Question
Posted by: Mack. | 2007/12/07

calories.

Hi Doc, I have read various references to calorie restricted diets, also suggesting that one should "be a little hungry" most of the time. I cannot go along with that statement. I think that calorie restriction is just that.CALORIE RESTRICTON, not FOOD restriction.

Dear Mack
I also don't agree that anyone who is trying to lose weight, should constantly feel hungry because this will undermine the success of the diet. People with cravings will turn to food and do not stick to their diets. It is generally better to use a well balanced, moderately energy-restricted diet to lose weight slowly and steadily without hunger pangs. Very-low-energy diets may be of use in massively obese patients who are monitored all the time by a medical team.