Question
Posted by: calories | 2007/08/16

calories

Good day,

i am 22 years old, and 1.76m, and weigh 64kg, i run about 3-6 days per week, and burn about 1300calories per week, is this enough or only a little? my diet is average, i do cheat , as we are all human .

God Bless thank you
xxxx

Dear Calories
Your present BMI = 20,6 which is lower than the ideal of 22 for which you would need to weigh 68 kg. You do a lot of strenuous exercise by running 3-6 days per week, so I would recommend that you increase your energy intake slightly (2000 cal per day) to ensure that you have enough energy to sustain your exercise programme and that you don't lose more weight. A little cheating may be good for you. Because what you need to keep in mind is that in addition to the calories you burn while doing the exercise, you will continue to use more energy for at least 24 hours or longer after exercise!