Question
Posted by: Mel | 2007/03/02

Calories

Can you inform why does one needs to take a certain amout of calories while one is trying to burn them when excersing, this real confuses me.

I just started this programme at the gym workout with a personal trainer for an hour 3 times a week, i weigh 84 kg and my height is 1.67 i need to know if i should workout more in order to loose weight and how many calories should i take per day.

Thanking you in advance

Dear Mel
Even when you are on a weight-reduction diet, your body still needs fuel to help it to a) keep your metabolic processes going, b) give you the energy to do exercise which promotes additional weight loss. As your present BMI = 30,1, it would be good if you could start losing. To get back into the normal range you should weigh 70 kg. Experts agree that to lose weight it is necessary to do approx. 30-40 min of intensive, aerobic exercise a day, or 60 min every second day. You need to concentrate on these aerobic exercises like running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, spinning or brisk walking to burn more energy. It is advisable that adult women use about 1500 cal a day to lose weight.

1
Posted by: Mel | 2007/03/05

Thanks Doc

I real needed this information, thanking you again!

Reply to Mel