Posted by: CC | 2008/06/19

calorie intake

hi doc. please help i weigh 153kg (1.78m tall) and have just joined a gym. we go 4-5 times a week. i would like to find out how much my calorie (kj) intake should be to assist me with my weight loss?
can i eat a product like the USN breakfast bar to replace a breakfast ? the rest of the day i try and stay on the basics of the weighless diet. thank you!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear CC
To lose weight an adult woman should reduce her calorie intake to 1500 cal/day and adult men to 2000 cal/day. Check the energy content of the USN energy bar and if it is less than 500 cal then you can substitute it for your breakfast although it is always a good idea to eat a balanced breakfast with low-GI cereal, milk or yoghurt, wholewheat or rye bread and fruit.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.