Question
Posted by: Tony | 2004/11/23

calorie content of hard-boiled egg

I believe that hard boiled eggs are very good for ones health, I have read that one should eat 2 per day. Is that true, and what is the calorie value per hard-boiled egg?

Dear Tony
Eggs are an excellent food being rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, BUT they do have a very high cholesterol content which can cause an increase in blood cholesterol levels which are associated with heart disease. For this reason the SA Heart Foundation advises that adults should not eat more than 4 eggs per week. A hard boiled egg contains 152 cal or 352 kJ per 100g (i.e. 2 eggs as 1 egg weighs about 50 g).

1
Posted by: EggHead | 2004/11/24

Eggs are a good source of protein (egg white that is), but 2 eggs a day might be pushing things a bit regarding the cholesterol content. If you're someone who exercises regularly, has normal blood cholesterol and also has a healthy BMI you can probably have eggs a few times a week. Calories: about 80 for a large egg (15 from protein and 65 from fat)

Reply to EggHead