Question
Posted by: desperate4peace | 2005/12/14

calming a beast

Think the nick & topic can give a faint idea of how strongly I feel:
Basically 'mom' is a hardcore alcoholic, goes beserk when drunk and has been in >3 institutions over past 10years.
Read up on scopolamine, sodium amytal, and sodium pentothal a bit. At the point of trying to sedate my own 'mother'...anything i should know before i try this?
(not keen about repressing central nervous system etc, but she's destroying herself and taking the family with)

Expert ImagePharmacist

I strongly discourage you from trying to 'calm te beast' on your own. You should at least consulting a specialist regarding her condition before trying to treat her yourself. The dose of some of these drugs needs to be PRECICELY calculated - Too much may result in death, or in this case, murder.

1
Posted by: desperate4peace | 2005/12/14

I see. Almost surprised you didn't direct me to a psychiatrist. Thank you.
And if you're reading this, I'd like to ask another question:

Acetylcholine. Is the closest to encouraging the body's production / exposure to this, choline?

Thanks again!

Reply to desperate4peace