Question
Posted by: Tango | 2007/04/07

Calm solution for tough days ahead

Hi CS

I am going to have a few very tough days in a couple of weeks time. I am an outspoken person and believe in openness, transparancy and bringing to the table the honest issues with solutions.

Unfortunately the current managers (cannot call them leaders) of my company do not feel the same way. They only like you to comment if its to say how wonderful, marvelous things are. They ask for the ruth and when you give it they shred you.

At the meetings to come I shall also be speaking on behalf of those that do not have a voice. I am at the stage where I know I could be come volatile out of pure frustration because many of us are not being heard, understood or appreciated.

This is now my question - I actually want to take some pill that will level my emotions and responses out so I remain calm. I know the reasons for my feelings and mood - but have exhausted all avenues to address the issues in a professional mature manner. Till I am able to leave this company I will have to rely (unfortunately - I hate it) on chemicals to get through.

What can I take for 5 days only?

My good news is I am in the market and going for interveiws.

Hm, short notice. Benzos ( the Valium family ) can be calming, and a short notice, but like alcohol can either be unhelpfully disinhibiting, or veer one off into sleepy and inarticulate, or both. Buspirone which is the only effective non-benzo tranquillizer takes longer to produce the effect ( a week or two ) and won't show much effect in 5 days.
Wouldn't non-chemical meditation type relaxation be most practical ?

4
Posted by: Tango | 2007/04/08

Jcat and Moondust - thanks so much for your feedback - I will def try what you suggest. I remember my daughter using the Birol once and said it worked! I hate even asking for chemical solutions. And yes - although CS will not read this - I do deep breathing and meditation and it helps - I guess I just want a stand by!!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Depressed | 2007/04/07

Hi Jcat

What is Traumeel. Are you taking it? What 'non-standard pharmaceuticals' are you taking? (I take it you suffer from depression).

I do.

Reply to Depressed
Posted by: jcat | 2007/04/07

- Hey T, also on the non-standard pharmaceuticals, try Traumeel.
We use it for all sorts of physical things, but apparently it has some mentally calming and strengthening effects as well.
Good luck,
j

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Moondust | 2007/04/07

Hi Tango,

How are you doing. Have you ever tried Biral? Its a natural tranquilizer, doesn't make you drowsy or sleepy and is sold over the counter. You can take one three times a day or increase I think to two three times per day. Another is Rescue Remedy. Why not try those first and see how you feel. I would be relunctant to try the Benzos or non Benzo's as you would hate to fall asleep or slur your speech during your meetings.....imagine how you would feel if that happened.

Happy Easter and enjoy your weekend.

Reply to Moondust