Posted by: vusi | 2009/09/18


I think its callouses its hardened skin in between toes and its painful. Is the medication or pads for that?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Vusi

It sounds like you have an interdigital corn. These can be very painfull and difficult to treat because they are formed by pressure from one toe onto the other. I see more f these in winter in my practice because people wear tighter, closed shoes. You can use a corn plaster to try to get rid of it. Just follow the instructions carefully because they have an acid patch on them. Do not use corn platers if you are diabetic. You can also try to use a pumice stone or emery board to reduce it. Or, go to a podiatrist who will be able to remove it for you.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.