Question
Posted by: laps | 2004/11/13

calf and foot numbness

I am a fit active 21 year old guy and I have been experiencing numbness in my right foot when i walk like 200m, and often a sharp pain in my calf too. I do not always have the pain but have not been doing any active running. I do not experience the pain when I am playing sport. I have been placing an ice pack onto it but this has not made too much of a difference.
thank you

Laps, it might be due to inflammation, but it is also possible that it is due to something more serious like a blood clot or other blood flow disturbance. you can try taking an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.