Question
Posted by: me | 2002/12/03

Calculators

I am unable to get results from your "healthy weight' and "Basal metooblic rate" calculators on your weight loss page and would dearly like to know how I measure up in these calulations. I have passed a message on to the webmaster but they appear not to be corrected.

Dear Reader
I shall also pass on your message. Perhaps it takes a day or so to correct this problem. If you want to calculate your BMI do the following: multiply your height in metres by height in meters, i.e. 1.6 x 1.6 = 2.56. Now divide your weight in kg by 2.56, e.g. weight 60 kg, then 60 /2.56 = 23,4. Normal weight is reflected by a BMI between 18 and 25, So our example reflects a normal weight. A BMI of 25 to 30 reflects overweight and a BMI exceeding 30 equals obesity.