Question
Posted by: JCD | 2004/02/23

Calcium supplements making me ill

Hi I am 13 weeks pregnant & my gynae has given me nikiborn & B-Cal(calcium & magnisium) supplement. I have noticed that when I take the B-cal I feel like I have morning sickness all day & can not eat a thing, I some times miss lunch & supper in one day. I forgot to take it on one day & noticed the next day I was fine. I stopped taking the B-cal but I still take the nikiborn & i have spoken to my gynae but he says that the calcium is for the baby & that I should just take it.Is there something else I could take to supplement my calcium intake. Also it makes my mouth taste like acid all day. I am worried that my gynae did not help cos after I heard about poor Kate I am afraid that he might also not listern to my concerns.

You could try increasing the calcium in your diet. Milk and dairy products are good for this.