Question
Posted by: 30 weeks 1 day | 2004/02/03

Calcium supplement plus pregnavit plus vitathion

Saw my doctor yesterday and she also gave me a prescription for B-Cal-D Supplement. I was already taking vitathion and pregnavit.Is this not a bit too much? I anyone alse taking calcium?

Thanx

You can take extra calcium if you wish. Whether this will be of extra benefit is debatable.

2
Posted by: 30 weeks 1 day | 2004/02/04

Thanks that puts my mind at ease. As I was worried because Pregnavit contains calcium as well.

Reply to 30 weeks 1 day
Posted by: Sara | 2004/02/04

i'm also taking B Cal D as well as pregnavit. It's definitely not 2 much. In fact, I'm thinking of taking more than 1 B cal d a day as I still get symptoms of calcium deficiency (leg cramps and bleeding gums) although it's much worse than when I don't take anything. Babies take up most of our calcium -that's why the RDA for pregnant women is much higher than for other people (between 1000 and 2000 mg pd - not sure of the exact figure).

Reply to Sara