Question
Posted by: HK | 2005/12/05

Calcium in milk

I am having this argument with my wife. I think that we should only consume fat free / skim milk because I believe we get our calcium intake from other foods. My wife thinks we should drink 2% / low fat milk as we need the calcium intake. Waht do you suggest?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear HK
Fat free and 2% low fat milk contain as much and even a little more calcium than full cream milk ( fat dilutes the calcium content). The other interesting fact is that full cream milk only contains about 4-6% of cream.
I think you should compromise and use 2% milk! It does taste a little better than skim.