Question
Posted by: johan111 | 2004/10/25

Calcium deficiency OR NOT

I played sport ten/'squash during my lifetime. I'm 54. For the last 10yrs I took supplements e.g (MVit-M), Lately - Osteo Flex,Arthro Vit,Omega Oils etc. So much for that waste because know I sit with osteopheroses in R/hip(a Cripple) One yr ago my hip pained during daily walking exercises . Tunnel X-rays showed blood shortage in the joint 10/04). I have no confidence in the spec. because he hardly looked at X-R and just wanted to refer to the next specialist.Its not my hip paining so much but my groin with lower back ache from the limping.WILL IT HELP TO DRINK (for the stiffness)CALCIUM PILLS B6 , B12 ???? AND WHAT DOSAGE
I eat normal healthy cooked food. Operation scare me and there is no garantee of success or painless afterwards. Thanx.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Johan
What you are talking about is not osteoporosis, but a form of arthritis which is totally different. The pain you are experiencing is probably referred pain and you do need to see a specialist.
Calcium pills etc. will not do anything to alleviate the pain or stiffness.

3
Posted by: Tereza | 2004/10/28

Dear Johan
I probably misunderstood you first e-mail where you asked wheter calcium would help for the stiffness. Please ask you doctor for a referral to a neurologist who would be able to determine where your pain originates from. Osteoporosis itself is a totally painless disease until you fracture. That is why I still think you may have a form of arthritis. If you think you need calcium because you are not taking in enough in your diet, we suggest a daily intake of 1000mg of calcium.
Hope this answers your question better.

Reply to Tereza
Posted by: Johighnes I PAIN PAIN | 2004/10/28

SEE JOHAN111 25/10/04 It seems you don't realise i have been to 3xDr's and 1xspec. and had tunnel X-rays How can one argue with a top PE ortopedic specialist and say he is wrong by calling this osteoporosis ?? and I don't want to drink calcuim for stiffness but as a bone builder(supplement) I DRINK PANAMOR FOR PAIN AND THE STIFFNESS which helps if taken regularly-(alsoPURICOS - 10 YRS) I sometimes have a tenderness in the hip -otherwise mainly groin and pain AND in the bum AND down the back of upper legs.I had bloodtests done where my GP told me no arthritis SO it must be something ELSE.As I have said about my confidence in Dr's I SMELL something is not quite right What specia. are you referring to?? Ialso think it is more a pin.nerve & arthritis Is there another bloodtest?? I can do ?? Exercise is painful and ?? helps?? I don't know Thank you Johan
Date: 26/10/2004

Reply to Johighnes I PAIN PAIN
Posted by: johan111 | 2004/10/26

Reply to johan111