Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/09/30

Calcium absorption

I use a calcium supplement every day - is there a specific brand with maximum absorption in the body. My nails are very brittle. I am allergic to milk.

Dear Marlene
There are a variety of good calcium supplements on the market such as Calcium Sandoz or Caltrate, etc, which you can purchase at any chemist. Your brittle nails may be due to other conditions and it may be a good idea to ask a Dermatologist about this problem. If you are allergic to milk it is essential that you obtain your calcium from a daily supplement.