Question
Posted by: fossyy | 2005/07/13

caffeine while pregnet

Is caffeine really bad to drink while pregnet? My mom said she drank coffee with all of us while she was pregnet.

If you limit it to 2-3 cups a day it should be okay.

2
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/14

Hi there!

Caffeine is definitely not good. If you love your coffee, decaf should satisfy you, but try to avoid fizzy cooldrinks - especially coke. I'm not saying don't have, just try to have little. Also, plain tea actually has more caffeine than coffee.

I was advised that small quantities of anything is ok while pregnant and breastfeeding.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Renira | 2005/07/14

I heard that the equivalent of 3 cups of filter coffee or less during pregnancy should be ok.

Why don't you try decaf?

Renira

Reply to Renira