Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/05/16

Caffeine

Hi there, I bought myself an orbitrek which i love, my problem is that after work i am exhuasted to train, i find that coffee helps but i am very sensitive to caffeine and it makes me jittery, moody and i cant sleep.

is there anything else i can take that would help perk me up for training and not make me gain weight?

Hi Kasandra

I suspect that your problem is likely to be caused by your eating habits during the day - you are probably not getting in enough energy during the day and so the simple solution is to look at what you and AND WHEN - you will likely find that between about 11 and 16h00, you are not eating enough and this causes your energy levels to wane. Caffeine then perks you up. So look at diet. Also, I know the feeling when you are just so tired, but that's also a lot down to getting up the motivation to just exercise. As soon as you start training, that feeling goes away, and you'll end feeling much better than when you began. So it's also a case of just forcing yourself to start, knowing that that first step is the hardest.