Question
Posted by: Me | 2003/02/17

Caffeine

What is the differnce in the caffeine content in tea and coffee ...Which is better for you

Dear Reader
According to my one textbook, a cup of tea contains about 50-80mg of caffeine, while a cup of coffee contains 100mg of caffeine. So there is not a great difference between the 2 beverages. Recent research has however, shown that tea contains important bioflavonoids that act as antioxidants in the human body to protect us against various diseases. I would suggest that you drink tea in preference to coffee, but that coffee used in moderation (3-4 cups a day), is also acceptable. Moderation is the key!