Question
Posted by: Scared | 2007/04/29

Caesarian Section Incision - URGENT PLS

I had a c-section a month ago and my doctor put in disolving stitches and covered with what looks like micropore tape.
I remember someone telling me just to bath in course salt but not to pull off any tape or anything and just to keep it dry at all times.
When can i pull this off and what is the best way to clean my wound ???
PLEASE HELP - How do you manage to bath/shower and not get the wound wet ??????????

The tape can come off in the first week and the wound should be healed by now. You cannot keep it dry during a bath ot shower but should dry it thoroughly afterwards.

1
Posted by: Larne | 2007/04/30

Hi! The same happened to me. In hospital the nurses said it should not become wet at all .. what a battle to shower or bath after the whole process When I was discharged from hospital the doctor told me I could bath normally, I just should not soak the "incision" part int he water, but you can bath normally. I can't remember how long it had to stay on ... I think 3 weeks. Good luck!!.

Reply to Larne