Question
Posted by: Tania | 2004/11/09

caesarian (people's comments)

Hi there,
Aren't you fed up of people saying :"So sorry you had a caesarian delivery" But most I hate when people say that with caesarian you don't get this amazing birth expirience as well
as this speacial bone with your child.
I thing this is NOT true (talking from my expirience)!!!
I also would like to know what the Doctor thinks.
Can it affect the baby in any way how does she come in this world? Thanks.

Medically, it is probably slightly more risky for the baby to be born vaginally. On the other side, more babies get 'wet lung' after elective caesareans as the water is not squeezed out as they pass through the birth canal. This is not a serious condition.
Psychologically, I think this really depends on the attitiude of the mother. Some women feel that they have failed by having a caesarean, yet they would not feel this way if they had to have an operation for a burst appendix. Both these situations are outside the individual's control most of the time. With epidural anaesthetics, bonding with the baby is not affected.

8
Posted by: Saza | 2004/11/10

Ladies
I don't ever hear a grown child going "Look at me, I was born the natural way, therefore I am superior to my caeasr delivery friend over there!"....So in other words what difference does it make? Half of us don't know whether we were born by caesar or naturally in any case.

Reply to Saza
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/10

Chessy

Why do you have to stay in hospital for 10 days, Is it not only 3-4 days?

Reply to Jj@
Posted by: chessy | 2004/11/10

hi there ladies i want to share my story i decided to have a c-section but my friends dont like the idea they say that it is very painfull than normall birth but i really want to have it even though i have to stay in hospital for 10days i want to do it i am very afraid of the pain and the labour hours i really dont wanna spend my christmas in a hospital in labour my due date is 20/12/2004 if c-sec it will be a week early and i am looking forward i am exited to give birth

Reply to chessy
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/10

I wanted to go for normal birth, but nature decided not to...
Had an emergancy c-section, baby's heart stopped. Everything went very quickly, I did not see my baby till about 30min after he was born. They had to do some tests and checks.... I did not hold him or breastfed him or had him laying on my tummy or anything like that. But I have a great bond with my baby, there is nothing wrong with our bond or love. I think normal birth is more stressfull than c-section, if I have another child I will go for a planned c-section.

To Sana, congrats on your new baby coming on 7th March, on my birthday.... is it boy or girl?

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Proud dad | 2004/11/10

Both our girls were born C-section and there are NO PROBLEMS. They are healthy, we're close, we love, we care for each other. Mom and dad are da bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sana has hit the nail on the head. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and they try and force that onto everybody else.

Reply to Proud dad
Posted by: Sana | 2004/11/10

People r very silly Tania and they want everyone else to live and do things the same way they do, and really ive come across so many ppl who c C-Section as not the way to go.
I had my 1st born through C-section and im going through the same procedure on the 7th March 2005.

Reply to Sana
Posted by: twink | 2004/11/10

Dear Tania,

I agree with you, my son was also born by c section - and our bond was strong since the first time I held him- you form a bond with baby while he is still in your tummy- I also found my c-section baby were not so full of scars etc as the babies delivered by normal birth

Reply to twink
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/10

I think there are pro's and con's for c-section and normal delivery. I also had to have a c-section (baby did not turn) and was very upset, cause i really wanted to give birth to my child the normal way. I have read numurous stories on c-sections and normal birth and have decided with my second one to go for another c-section. I don't like the pain and I don't like being in hospital (in pain) for 4 days, but this would be best for me and my child. My doctor explained that it can get very dangerous for someone to go for a normal birth after c-section as you could not have a induced labour and then your scar from the c-section could tare. So I have to go through the same pain again, but I would do this for my baby and no-one can judge people deciding on a c-section before they self go through it, but if you are afraid of pain and the long labour (that also could be bad for your baby) then rather take the easy way out. You carried your child for 9 months so it stays your decision what you want to do.

Good luck to all and hopefully everyone will make the decision that they feel comfortable with.

Reply to Francis