Posted by: robin | 2004/10/14

cadmium toxicity

Please coud you advise me on whom I may contact for the treatment of toxic levels of cadmium. I have been diagnosed high toxic levels of cadmium and wish to find out who the experts are. I reside in Pretoria

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Unfortunately, I can’t give you specific names, but I would suggest contacting TOXSA, the Toxicology Society of South Africa, (web site:, which is associated with the University of Pretoria.
You can also have a look on Health24’s list of health professionals. (Click on 'Find', then go to 'Regular Listing') There aren’t any toxicologists on the list, but there are several occupational health practitioners in your area who should be able to advise you.
The health professional who diagnosed you should also be able to refer you to the relevant experts.

I would be interested to know how you were exposed to high cadmium levels?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.