Question
Posted by: robin | 2004/10/14

cadmium toxicity

Please coud you advise me on whom I may contact for the treatment of toxic levels of cadmium. I have been diagnosed high toxic levels of cadmium and wish to find out who the experts are. I reside in Pretoria

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Unfortunately, I can’t give you specific names, but I would suggest contacting TOXSA, the Toxicology Society of South Africa, (web site: www.toxsa.up.ac.za), which is associated with the University of Pretoria.
You can also have a look on Health24’s list of health professionals. (Click on 'Find', then go to 'Regular Listing') There aren’t any toxicologists on the list, but there are several occupational health practitioners in your area who should be able to advise you.
The health professional who diagnosed you should also be able to refer you to the relevant experts.

I would be interested to know how you were exposed to high cadmium levels?