Question
Posted by: Navada | 2007/11/27

Cabbage soup + exercize

Dear Doc, is it a good idea to combine gym and cabbage soup, will it bring positive results, won't i gain weight once i'm off the cabbage soup and back to my Low GI diet plan and regular exercize?

Dear Navada
The problem about using the 'cabbage soup' diet is that it is so low in energy that it may make you feel faint and weak. I would not recommend that you try doing strenuous exercise while you use a diet that should only be used for a few days at a time, if at all. If you are determined to use cabbage soup, then only do this over a weekend when you can rest and relax. Rather stick to your low GI diet plan and your regular exercise, which will cause steady weight loss.

1
Posted by: tanya | 2007/11/28

navada, i went on the cabbage soup diet and exercised. Lost 2.5 kgs for the week. the day i went off it i gained a kilo.

Reply to tanya