Question
Posted by: Nat | 2005/12/05

cabbage soup diet

I have exactly 3 weeks to lose 9 pounds or ideally 1 stone - so I've started the cabbage soup diet as I know it's quite effective at working quickly. I'm worried that it's going to lower my metabolism so that I'll just put it all back on straight after. Can you do it for 2/3 weeks consecutively?

Dear Nat
I am opposed to such fad diets like the cabbage soup diet because it may well lead to rebound weight-loss-stoppage (your body may shut down its weight loss systems in view of perceived starvation), development of deficiencies, and rapid weight gain when you stop using the fad diet. Rather use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you stick to the diet and do plenty of exercise you will start losing and certainly improve your appearance. You won't lose 9 lb (probably closer to 6 lb), but you won't be ruining your health and regaining the weight again, which is something you don't want.
Take care

1
Posted by: for nat | 2005/12/05

this is the worst thing to do to yourself, because you are depriving YOUR BODY OF SO SO SO MUCH, when u stop and start eating again, it will all come back on, dont do it the sensless way do it with a proper plan, this not good for your health and it is looking for trouble , your body needs nutrients to survive, and cabbage will provide only very few, rather give this some thought and know what your body is going to go trhough, God bless

Reply to for nat