Question
Posted by: New Mommy | 2007/04/17

C-Section Wound

I had a c-section 2 weeks ago and my doctor put in disolving stitches and covered with what looks like micropore tape.
I remember someone telling me just to bath in course salt but not to pull off any tape or anything and just to keep it dry at all times.
When can i pull this off and what is the best way to clean my wound???
PLEASE HELP

You can take the tape off now. There is no need to do any special cleaning. Just keep it dry.

2
Posted by: Lucie | 2016/02/22

I gave birth thursday last week on the 18th of this mnth....i gave birth by c/section,the doctors put staples on my wound the problem is i dnt know how to clean it and my stomach is bigger and the operation is under my tummy,plzz help

Reply to Lucie
Posted by: mitch | 2007/04/17

I can definitely tell you from past experience that you must keep that wound dry at all times. I got an infection in my wound for not doing that and ended up in hospital again for two days on anti biotics.
I was told to clean the wound with surgical spirits and to use a blow dryer on it afterwards to keep the wound clean and dry.
I'm sure by now you can pull the tape off, they took mine off 3 days after I had the surgery.

Reply to mitch