Question
Posted by: RT | 2004/09/21

C-Section or not

I had to have a c-section with my first child because his ambilical cord had a knot. I'm TTC now and want to know if it is posible to give natural birth with the second one or will i have to get a c-s because i had one before.

one caeserean does not mean another. The decision would have to be taken between you and your obstetrician

10
Posted by: Sunshine | 2004/09/22

The August edition of the Your pregnancy magazine has an article on this....Goodluck !!

Reply to Sunshine
Posted by: RT | 2004/09/21

As you know im TTC and we are going away this weekend. Im to scared to drink any alcohol because what if im pregnant. Will i be able to drink this weekend or not. I dont want to do the baby any harm

Reply to RT
Posted by: RT | 2004/09/21

Thank you for all the responce its nice to speak to someone because we are not planning to tell everyone if i fell pregnant and this way i can get all the questions off my back. It may sound weard because it's my second child but i have new questions this time around. Like this question, and how long will it take this time around as the first time was not even a month before i was pregnant. (The gyne gave me a answer)
Thanx again

Reply to RT
Posted by: rene | 2004/09/21

yes it is possible to have natural birth after a C-section. I read an article not too long ago about this. I will try and remember where I saw it and let you know.

Regards,
René

Reply to rene
Posted by: Renira | 2004/09/21

I have also heard that it is possible but it is case specific.

I think that you are making a healthy decision for you and your child by opting for the natural birth.

Renira

Reply to Renira
Posted by: RT | 2004/09/21

It took me almost two weeks to walk up right after the C-Section and according to people that gave natural birth it's only 2-3 days before you can walk normal. I would rather have pain now and its gone tomorow than sit with the pain for the next 3-4 weeks.

Reply to RT
Posted by: Norma | 2004/09/21

It is possible, you just have to find a doc that will do it. Usually they don't want to take the chance. You could read about this on pregnancy dot about dot com.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Sana | 2004/09/21

I think if its something u really want it can be done, u r a brave woman hey, even if i had a choice i would never go for natural, im so scared

Reply to Sana
Posted by: RT | 2004/09/21

I would like to give natural birth and would have the first time. I was 5 1/2 cm dilated when they only picked up something was wrong with the baby's heart beat. That was 2 years ago.

Reply to RT
Posted by: Sana | 2004/09/21

I also had a Csection but i cant remember the reasons, my doc has advised a C section again his reason is that he is scared of the scar tearing during labour. I also dont mind im scared of those pains and pushing, ill ratehr take the operation pains later

Reply to Sana