Question
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/12/10

C section and ingrowing hair

Hi doc and ladies
This is the second time that a ingrowing hair on the cut of the csection causes problems. The first time the cut went open a tiny bit and I needed antibiotics.
I have noticed this morning that I have the same problem and pulled the problematic hair out with a tweezer but I do not know if there might be another one hiding somewhere. I cleaned it with surgical spirits and applied bactroban ointment.
How can I prevent this from going open again and needing antibiotics and how do I prevent hair ingrowth again.

Anybody with the same experience - please help!

Shaving tends to increase the chances of hairs becoming ingrown. If you do this, perhaps you can stop shaving that area.