Question
Posted by: Popi | 2005/06/20

C-SECTION AND HYSTERECTOMY

Hi Ladies,I am Currently 23 weeks and have one child,3yrs old.Previosly I had a miscarriages at 8 weeks,still birth at 7 month and another still birth at 36 weeks( C-Section)y due to high blood preassure .My Gynae advise me not to have any other children after this one.What I want to find out is :
01.Will it possible for me to do a Hysterectomy immediately after birth?
02.Will I be able to breasfeed the baby after a Hysterectomy .I have not discussed this with my Gynae.

You probably mean a sterilisation. Hysterectomy is not necessary to prevent you falling pregnant again. This can be done the day after the birth of the baby, or at the same time if you have another caesarean. Breastfeeding will not be affected.

2
Posted by: Popi | 2005/06/20

Thanks 4 your respond , but Is the Sterilisation guaranteed that I won`t fall pregnant again ?

Reply to Popi
Posted by: BZ'S Mommy | 2005/06/20

Why don't you just have a sterilisation done. That's what I'm going to do after this one as this is my 3rd.
About the breastfeeding, I'm hoping will still be able to after sterilisation, going to check with my gynae.

Good luck and God Bless

Reply to BZ'S Mommy